Poetry

An apology ...


                                                        
                                                                Poetry

                                          Are you a poet ?
                                          No.

                                          Then, what is this ? Why are you writing it ?
                                          I am writing this since
                                          words are flowing out of my heart
                                          like rain-drops falling after dusty summer-day --
                                          this is not poetry,
                                          it's broken piece of a convoluted mind.

                                          Do you think these words will be enjoyable to others ?
                                          I don't care.
                                          I write because I want to ---
                                          others don't exist in these words.

                                          But you should aim at some kind of audience !
                                          Friends, critics ...
                                          I don't know what makes a poetry happen
                                          nor bother about how to make this dish appetizing;
                                          sometimes my mind soars high and
                                          words fall from heaven to gift me a scenario ---
                                          I just try to capture that scene.

                                         You talk so nicely;
                                         why don't you try to entertain others ?
                                         There is no others beyond me ---
                                         if others can create waves in my sense they are part of me,
                                         otherwise they don't matter !
                                         Sometimes, I want to become great poet 
                                         a master of rhymes, meters, themes and songs ---
                                         these lofty themes illude me like mirage in desert.

                                        So you want to become a poet ?
                                        Not really !
                                        I'm happy with what she gifts me ---
                                        she's sweet 'n sour,
                                        a strict but loving elder-sister.

                                        This has already started to look like a poetry !
                                        Is it ?
                                        That's why I never try to write one ...  
                                        
                                         

Comments